Centrally located in Renton, WA, King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) classes serve children in the South Puget Sound area. Our classes strive to enhance fitness through functional and fun activities scaled for any child (3-17 years of age, *teens may fit into the adult program). King’s Kids will develop and improve cardiovascular health, strength, power, stamina, speed, flexibility, balance, coordination, and accuracy.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT YOU AND YOUR CHILD'S HEALTH:
King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) and King CrossFit services are not a substitute for professional medical advice or a medical examination.
Prior to participating in any program, activity, or exercise you should seek the advice of your physician and other qualified health-care professionals.
You understand that these exercises can be strenuous and should be done in moderation.
There is an inherent risk in any exercise that, while providing some health benefits, can also cause unknown health issues.
You understand that there are weights, balls, bars, mats, chairs, and many other items commonly associated with a gymnasium that can be left around by any person associated with King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) and King CrossFit.
It is every person's responsibility to expect these items being left in places where they can cause injury.
Application or reliance on the techniques, advice, ideas, and suggestions of any person associated with King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) and King CrossFit are at the sole discretion and risk of the participant and his/her parent and guardian.
You agree, by participating in any program associated with King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) and King CrossFit, that King's Kids (King CrossFit Kids) and King CrossFit shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential, or exemplary damages for any injury or harm to you or your child incurred in or around the property where exercise occurs.
Thanks for reading ALL of this.
Every Saturday at 11:30 am and Mondays at 2:45 pm sharp! Summer session is starting July 14 and goes through August.
*Please contact Coach Ryan for pricing
Classes currently run from 11:30 AM to 12:45 PM on Saturdays. The Prince/Princess class and the Lil'Kings/Queens class will be back-to-back, hence the 1.25 hour block. We will need kids to be clear of the area before/after their session is started as the gym is very busy prior to (Saturdays) and after (Mondays) the King’s Kids CrossFit class. If it is your child’s first day of class, please make sure to arrive a few minutes early to discuss the King’s Kids (King CrossFit Kids) program with Coach Ryan and sign the waiver.
Lil' Kings and Lil' Queens (elementary)
- 40-45 minute classes
- 25-30 minute classes
I encourage parents to support their children at the class, be a spectator from the sidelines, cheer, help their children maintain consistency in CrossFit attendance, and provide healthy meals at home and for school. Please see our Nutrition page on our website for an idea of what “healthy meals” are and get more information on the nutritional guidelines we follow. Notice that I did not say "COACH" your child. Please, no little legue parents ;-) I encourage kids to play like kids... climb, jump, swing, etc. I understand video games, TV, computers, etc have their place. I encourage that daily physical activity (besides at King’s Kids) also has its place in your child’s life. If you need ideas for activities at home, just ask. I insist that parents of our underage athletes inform us of medical conditions and allergies that may impact a child's health, performance, and capability.
RULES FOR CHILDREN AND PARENTS:
- Children are welcome in the gym at certain times and with certain restrictions.
- Very young children MUST be supervised while the parent(s) work out. The kids’ area in the facility serves to aid in this purpose, however, it is not meant for children to be left alone without supervision.
- Ryan IS NOT a daycare provider. I am a trainer. This is my enjoyment and livelihood, please allow me to train. During sessions with large groups, it is imperative for me to be on the floor to coach and motivate athletes. If I am occupied with anything other than training the kids, my ability to provide a safe environment and quality product for your kids is not possible.
- If your child is sick (loose/weaping bodily fluids- besides sweat, fever of 100+, at least 24 hours fever-free, etc.) do not bring them to the gym regardless of how bad you wish to work out. The sickness spreads and affects other families as well as the operation of the gym.
- Please help keep the kids’ area clean and tidy up after your children are done. We regularly sanitize and clean, but we frown upon cleaning up a huge mess left at the box. Try to leave the kids’ area a little nicer than how you found it, that way we maintain a safe and clean environment for your (and our) children.
- Your child must have self-control and respect for whomever is training them, our property and other children. If this is not the case, I will tell you mid-workout to rectify the situation.
- Kids are not allowed in the office area.
- Young children are not allowed on the gym floor during active workout sessions for obvious safety and insurance reasons.
- Besides the rings and ropes, kids are not allowed to play on or with other equipment when allowed on the gym floor after the workouts are over. Weighted objects, rowers, and other pieces of equipment are out of the question. If your children are playing on the rings, it is your responsibility to supervise them and accept responsibility for their actions.
- Older kids who can sit quietly by and occupy themselves, may sit on the bench and out of the way, while their parent(s) work out. In this instance, the child cannot be disruptive to the training process or become a hazard on the floor. If this is the case, you must rectify the issue.
- By bringing your child to attend a King's Kids CrossFit class, it is now assumed you have read and understood the rules of conduct. Please keep in mind this is still a gym and the safety of your child is the primary concern and reason for the rules. Thank you for your understanding. Now go CrossFit and have FUN!
- B.S. in Natural Science from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA; Level I CrossFit Certified; CrossFit Kids Certified; CrossFit Kettlebell Certified; CrossFit Mobility Certified; CrossFit Olympic Lifting; Peer Fitness Trainer (American Council on Exercise) various weightlifting clinics; multiple nutrition seminars/classes; CPR/First Aid Instructor; prior Athletic Trainer at LMU; prior Physical Therapy Aide/Rehab Tech; currently a Deputy Fire Marshal/Fire Fighter/EMT for a local fire department as well as Personal Training and Group Coaching
- When I'm not at the box you'll find me fighting fires or teaching some sort of safety/health/preparedness class. I've had various jobs like working in a laboratory, working on movie sets, packed vegetables, I've worked as an athletic trainer...
- For fun (besides CrossFitting) I enjoy practicing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, clutching onto rock walls, tooling around on bicycles, and... (I could go on for a little while)
- I have a 5-year-old daughter, Tia, who can dance, crossfit, and tap you out all at the same time... I have another daughter, Leah, who is working on her sit-ups ; ) and finally my son, Zander, who is working on his Milk WODs, Sleep WODs, and Poopy WODs.